Friday, January 21, 2011

My very 1st Blog!

WAH!!!!!!!! Had to let it out. I am so happy to be here and blogging! At 24 years old, I am now an Art graduate from the University of Kansas, a home owner and a wife!!! My next title I am hoping to achieve is a "known artist"! Anyone can call themselves an "artist", but to be a "known artist" or "known for your work" is a completely different story! I want people to see my art in homes, restaurants, boutiques, events, airports... EVERYWHERE!!! And say, "There's a piece by: Kami"! So cheers to 2011 and achieving my dream!


In 2010, I spent all my time outside of my day job (Land Rover Receptionist) and creative energy on putting together our wedding!  I am so in love with how it turned out. So many of our friends and family showed up to support us and everything turned out better than I had hoped! I am biased, but our venue http://granddenver.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp was perfect, you could see all of Denver. Our candy bar, center pieces and flowers by: Cori Cook http://www.coricook.com/ was unbelievable! The Cake, also by the Grand Hyatt Denver, was amazing! We had an half Oreo, half carrot cake, it was gorgeous and yummy!

I decided on having 13 bridesmaids and 13 groomsmen, all wearing a different color in the rainbow:
  • Samantha and Albert (Maid of Honor and Best Man) wore black
  •  Katie and Andy in a wine color
  •  Angela and Troy in a bright red
  • Courtney and Nate in orange
  • Julie and TJ in amber/gold
  •  Melissa and Scott in yellow
  • Jennifer and Sean in green
  • Lisa and Patrick in mintish/turquoise,
  • Anne and Keith in blue
  • Maggie and Hoge in Perry-winkle
  • Carrie and James in purple
  • Katelyn and Adam in a fuchsia 
  • Amanda and Caleb in baby pink (which matched their baby Teagan -our bling security/ring bearer)! 
I don't have all of Laura Murray http://lauramurrayphotography.com/  photos yet, but I will post more of them when I get them. Here is a peek at what my rainbow looked like from her amazing photos! I came up with the idea a year WITH MY FINGERS CROSSED ALL YEAR! But with the help of my bridesmaids, Cori Cook and Laura Murray.... My rainbow turned out perfect!
My 13 bridesmaids and I with our beautiful boutigues!

No comments:

Post a Comment