Saturday, April 16, 2011

My New Favorite Subject: Celebrities!!!



I had the privilege to be a part of an Art Show on Thursday night. It was part of Denver's Weekend of F.A.M.E. and I thought it was a perfect time to start on my celebrity character painting's. Didn't say too much about the show for a few reasons:
1) It was on a Thursday night so I knew it be difficult to make for some.
2) I wasn't even sure I was going to have them finished before the deadline... Last week I was waking up at 4:00am so I could get a few hours of painting in before I left for work at 6:20. Then painted til' I fell asleep every night... I was exhausted!
3) I have never been a part of this event before so I wasn't really sure what it was or what to expect?.....

However, my friends Jennifer, Gina and Matt came to support me along with my sister, mom and husband! I did finish the painting's literally "in the nick of time" and I LOVED the event!

Thank you so much to my friends and family who came & thank you to event coordinators for letting my art be a part of this exciting event!

3 comments:

  1. Kami ~ You have such an amazing, beautiful talent. Love you and wish you all the success you deserve!!!! Kelley

    ReplyDelete